As I’ve expressed before, I’m disappointed with the quantity of good podcasts out there that talk about WordPress. Obviously, with only one podcast out there, it’s hard to get good quality content in podcast format on the topic of WordPress.
But I recently discovered a podcast that looks like it has some serious potential to be a hit.
TalkingWordPress.com is host to a great little podcast! I listened to all 3 episodes so far in a single sitting, and I REALLY liked what I heard.
- Very little dead air. These guys really like to talk, which makes for a really good podcast.
- No talk of WordPress politics. Although it is sometimes interesting, for the most part, I want to hear people deliver news and commentary when listening to a podcast. But I’m a simple guy — I want to hear about themes, plugins, events, features, etc.
- These guys aren’t experts, per se. They have a down-to-earth attitude, and it is really refreshing.
- They value designers. Entire episodes devoted to themes??? Yeah, that rocks!
- They get the market. Their discussion on Premium themes was very insightful.
- They like the same people and topics that I do.
- The episodes are way too short. I know this is usually a Pro, but 10 minutes is not enough time to really have a good discussion about these things, especially if you have a guest on the program.
- No contact form on the site!!! I looked forever, but the only thing you can do is call or skype them. Not cool! You can’t even comment on the episodes!!!
- Not enough talk of WordPress community buzz. This may just be because the podcast is new, but I get the impression that these guys aren’t as deeply rooted in the WordPress community as some are. One solution would be good guest hosts.
- The intro music could use updating 🙂 It really needs to pump!
In episode 3, they mentioned guest hosts. I’ve been itching to do a podcast myself for the last couple of months, and I would LOVE to be a guest on this podcast (or on the WordPress Podcast as well), but I couldn’t get in touch with the guys from Talking WordPress because of the lack of a contact form!!! If either of you guys read this post, send me an email! I’d love to talk about maybe contributing in the future.
All in all, this is definitely a podcast I’m subscribing to. It has SO MUCH potential to blow up, and I’m glad I was introduced to this podcast.
Way to go guys!