It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here at NathanRice.net, so I just wanted to give a quick digest of the things that have been going on around the net and here at home.
- Small Potato is selling WPDesigner.com. SP is probably one of the most respected names in the WordPress theme game, and it will be sad to see him go.
- NathanRice.net is getting a makeover! Although it is still in development, the new look is coming along nicely. A new logo will top off the design when we finally launch.
- And with the new design will come a flood of new content. I’ve been bookmarking and brainstorming tons of ideas for tips and tutorials for you WordPress eggheads looking to learn more about how to make WordPress do whatever you want.
- Cory Miller asked me to do some work for him over at iThemes.com recently, and it’s been a blast cranking out some of the most beautiful themes I’ve ever seen. If you haven’t already, go check out the themes at iThemes.com (I recommend Deep Order and Biz Card).
- Ian Stewart asked me to contribute to his post “The Future of WordPress Themes” recently. I’m lucky to be in such good company, but I honestly feel like my assessment of the future is the most accurate. Several of the WordPress guru’s included in that post have written and told me that they believe I was spot on.
- Speaking of WordPress themes, I’ve been letting an idea stew for a while, and it’s about time to get started on it. I didn’t include this particular business model for Ian to include in his post, but I believe it has the potential to shake up the Premium market like never before. I just hope someone else doesn’t think of it and pull it off first. Seriously, it’s going to rock!
- I’ll be attending WordCamp Dallas this year. If you’re going to be there, and want to meet up and chat, give me a hollar and we’ll see what we can do.
- I’m getting married in June 🙂
That’s about it for now. Stay tuned to the blog for more updates as things draw near. The future is VERY bright!